Landlords Buildings and Contents

If you let your property out to paying tenants then you will need a dedicated landlord insurance policy to protect your property.So, whether you are looking to cover your very first buy to let property or better the deal offered by your existing insurer we can help.

We can offer quotations with a number of market-leading insurers providing products with unique policy wording you cannot get from insurers direct which includes Malicious Damage by Tenants, Theft by Tenants and Contract Works cover as standard.Premiums will depend on several factors such as the type of tenants, the location of the property and the re-building sum insured.

Policies are written on an “All Risks” basis which includes cover for loss or damage to the buildings from:

  • Fire,
  • Lightning,
  • Earthquake,
  • Explosion.
  • Aircraft
  • Riot,
  • Civil Commotion
  • Storm or Flood
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Impact
  • Falling Trees
  • Malicious Damage,
  • Theft
  • Subsidence,
  • Heave,
  • Landslip
  • Any other Accidental Loss or Damage

Additional Benefits automatically included:

  • Architects,
  • Surveyors,
  • Managing agents,
  • Legal and Consulting Engineers Fees
  • Removal of Debris following a loss
  • Loss of Rent/Alternative Accomodation
  • Trace and Access (water/oil)

Any claims are subject to a policy excess (the amount you will have to pay) which is usually £100 for all claims other than escape of water (£250) and subsidence (£1,000).

Also, damage arising from wear and tear, general lack of maintainence, wet/dry rot and any gradually operating cause is excluded along with Terrorism (separate quotation can be provided).

For complete peace of mind separate policies are available for:

Home Emergency Cover

Cover highlights include:

  • Main Heating System- the total failure or breakdown of the main heating system in the home
  • Plumbing and drainage- the sudden damage to, or blockage or breakage or flooding of, the drains or plumbing system likely to cause damage to the home or its contents.
  • Home Security- damage to or the failure of external doors, windows or locks which compromise the security of the Home.
  • Toilet Unit- damage to or the failure of the toilet bowl or cistern resulting in loss of function providing there is no other toilet in the home.
  • Domestic Power Supply- the failure of the home’s domestic electricity or gas supply
  • Alternative Accommodation- your overnight accommodation costs costs including transport to such accommodation up to a maximum of £250 following a home emergency which renders the home uninhabitable

Landlords Legal Expenses

Whether it’s unpaid rent, a property dispute, or maintenence-related issues, the ownership of a property inevitably brings with it problems.

  • Easy to arrange cover- minimal information required and no proposal form
  • Wide policy cover with a £50,000 limit of indemnity any one claim
  • Free telephone based legal and tax advice service 24/7
  • Option to add loss of Rent cover

Trusted Partners